Friday, February 19, 2010

Life is As MaGiCaL as you make it!

So i guess i have come to a realization this last year after attending college that i may have been raised a little bit differently than most. I thought that i had had a normal childhood but many boys teasing me this year has notified me that maybe my childhood wasn't the norm. To me childhood was full of holidays that were so special, everything was magical, christmas lights were cozy, decorations had glitter and sparkled etc gingerbread houses, birthdays were huge celebrations, lots of dancing and partying and staying up late with my family and family friends. .. These memories are very dear to my heart and seemed normal since thats what our family and our best family friends the Konshuks grew up doing.
This past summer i became friends with a group of boys who were in awe at how many times i used the words "magical" "cozy" and "special" in normal conversation. They teased me that my free time was spent decorating my apt and doing crafts. and told me that every time they left my apt. they always somehow found a piece or several pieces of glitter on them! Sometimes my age was questioned whether i was 5?
i was texting my friend Josh the other day and when he found out that i was the youngest of my siblings he said, " I should have guessed Katie that you were the baby i i just thought all those cozy qualities were from growing up in an all girl family, where you have sugar for breakfast and glitter for lunch and breathe happiness." He cracks me up.. despite being teased about this my philosophy in life is that: life is as magical as you make it! Why not make it as special and fun as you can. Everything looks better and is more fun with glitter on it. Parties make events memorable and fun. dancing relieves stress. Colors are a great blessing of the creation and can bring so much happiness. Life is Good enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Katie! How wonderful that you have such fun and MAGICAL memories of growing up! Your mom is sooo awesome! I want to do that for my kids!!!
    BTW, one of Hailey's favorite songs right now is "PARTY IN THE USA"! "noddin my head like ya!" You may have already seen the video on my blog of her singin to it! LOL Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete